Welcome to the Sexy and Funny Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you very limited access to what we have to offer. By joining our community you will have access to post replies/topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, remove some of the ads and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bored? Go watch girls get naked on cam for free!

Go Back   Sexy and Funny Forums > Special Interest > The Master Debaters
User Name
Password

Latest from S&F
Random S&F
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes 0 Attachment(s)
Old 04-02-2017, 12:29 PM   #21
garison808
I saw a perfect gift for mOOse, but I didn't buy it, because, well, I'm cheap.
 
garison808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the road
Posts: 10,876
Casino Cash: $108491
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 25.16
garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (273614 total rep)x42
garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (273614 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (273614 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (273614 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (273614 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (273614 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (273614 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart
Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
And did you ask any of those people if they were turned down while on Obamacare? No.
Haha unlike you garrison I do get the full story
Ha! You never get the full story. Your tall tale here is just one example. You say you personally know people who were turned down for insurance under Obamacare because of pre-existing conditions. But one of the hallmarks of Obamacare is that you can't be turned down because of pre-existing conditions. So you are either lying or not telling the truth.
__________________

Last edited by garison808 : 04-02-2017 at 02:32 PM.
garison808 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:19 PM   #22
rwh1960huck
Huck is now the forums Liberal voice. trolls & Republicans beware
 
rwh1960huck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,859
Casino Cash: $35490
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 14.31
rwh1960huck has a reputation beyond repute (98121 total rep)x15
rwh1960huck has a reputation beyond repute (98121 total rep)rwh1960huck has a reputation beyond repute (98121 total rep)rwh1960huck has a reputation beyond repute (98121 total rep)rwh1960huck has a reputation beyond repute (98121 total rep)rwh1960huck has a reputation beyond repute (98121 total rep)rwh1960huck has a reputation beyond repute (98121 total rep)
Default lets be clear here

Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart
Haha unlike you garrison I do get the full story
Ha! You never get the full story. Your tall tale here is just one example. You say you personally know people who were turned down for insurance under Obamacare because of pre-existing conditions. But one of the hallmarks of Obamacare is that you can't be turned down because of pre-existing conditions. You you are either lying or not telling the truth.
hes lying & not telling the truth
he is SO STUPID he thinks hes lying to us and hes not telling himself the truth
__________________
make America great again
click to show
rwh1960huck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:35 PM   #23
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,544
Casino Cash: $10285
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.04
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)x2
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart
Haha unlike you garrison I do get the full story
Ha! You never get the full story. Your tall tale here is just one example. You say you personally know people who were turned down for insurance under Obamacare because of pre-existing conditions. But one of the hallmarks of Obamacare is that you can't be turned down because of pre-existing conditions. So you are either lying or not telling the truth.

You can easily be turned down, they just turn around and call it an elective surgery. I know people that have had insurance and the insurance refused to pay for treatment because it wasn't life threating. I have known people that were in the process of getting treatment and were turned down or deleayed until the had their needed surgery done. I have gotten the full story.

Whats your point another one of the hall marks was it was going to make insurance affordable. It didn't do that either. On that point the liberals refuse to accept the whole story. All they can do is point out that look it gave all these people insurance that couldn't afford it. Never mind it ran the prices up, it ran the deductibles up. and coverage down on people that were struggling to pay for it.

Gaqrison get out of your little tiny world for once and go talk to people. Obama care is horrible for middle America, and all the shit it says it does, it doesn't do. Turn off the left wing news that only tells you what you want here and actually go talk to real people.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:38 PM   #24
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,544
Casino Cash: $10285
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.04
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)x2
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)
+10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwh1960huck
Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
Ha! You never get the full story. Your tall tale here is just one example. You say you personally know people who were turned down for insurance under Obamacare because of pre-existing conditions. But one of the hallmarks of Obamacare is that you can't be turned down because of pre-existing conditions. You you are either lying or not telling the truth.
hes lying & not telling the truth
he is SO STUPID he thinks hes lying to us and hes not telling himself the truth

Huck it amazes me you call everyone stupid, but yet I have never seen you make one decent argument here. You go around calling everyone a troll, but yet all you do is troll. Your opinion is absouletly worthless now because you are such a troll.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:47 PM   #25
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,544
Casino Cash: $10285
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.04
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)x2
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart

The question of the thread is are you tired of winning yet. So when everyone basically responds with yep still happy we won, you liberals go nuts and go into defense mode. Then try to say well you can't point to what good trump, and oh look at would Obama did. It really hurts that we don't give shit because we are all happy Hillary lost. You liberals didn't get the responses you wanted so you start slinging insults and try running the argument in twenty different directions.

I'm a little worried that I have to explain it, but the title is (clearly) referring to Trump's nonsensical "you're going to get tired of winning when I'm done being president." So, curious as I am, I asked after 10 weeks into the shitstorm that is this presidency, whether you guys felt you had been doing so much winning that you were tired of it.

Given that all you can say is "lol election," it sounds like you could really use another win. After all, it's pretty hard to be tired of winning when the last one was almost 5 months ago. Of course, with the way Trump's going, he's not going to have a single real thing accomplished after his first hundred days besides "lol election." Quite the opposite, really, with the way the investigations are continuing to mount.

But hey, to paraphrase a Trumpism: "Nobody knew the presidency was going to be this complicated."

Problem is with that is he is winning you just don't see it. Look at all the whining bitch fits the left are throwing. Look at how much the right is finally speaking out, because they no longer fear being called a Nazi. A whole lot of eyes have been opened to what damage the left has been doing. So ya he is winning all over the place. Everytime there is an idiotic protest you know the left has been kicked in the nuts. Over the next four years the demographics of politics will be greatly changed. That's what I call winning.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:39 PM   #26
infantrystud
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
infantrystud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,984
Casino Cash: $3245
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.39
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)x2
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)
+10
Default

Trump may very well go down as being a bad POTUS. But, HRC would have been far worse. So, if all Trump does is protect the SCOTUS from the left wing nutjobs then he's successful in my book.

Furthermore, we'll never know just how successful Trump might be - at least not for a while. All we hear from the media is constant anti-Trumpism. CNN and MSNBC have pretty much dedicated themselves to covering anything the man does as some kind of negative. Sure, some of it it is. But, to them, everything Trump does/doesn't do is some kind of historic tragedy. It is really tiring.

All of this Russia talk... Newsflash, Russia and many other countries are conducting cyber warfare. The Dems just got caught lying and even backstabbing each other. I have no empathy for them whatsoever. As for the Russians and their sockpuppets and "fake news". Meh, whatever. It happens both ways.

This country is going to hell because the media is constantly stirring up shit. Most of which does not matter at all.

Trump has been in office less than 100 days. Yet, every day I hear about how he's going to be impeached. How he's essentially a lame duck. Or how his kids compare to Saddam Hussein's kids. Over the top craziness.

All because the media darling and and favorite HRC lost - due to her own shadiness and her party getting caught with their pants down.

As Trump would say - SAD!



Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuGuy

Is this your new pullstring quote? Whenever someone criticizes Trump or Republicans, you're just going to say "Lol election." Sad!
Seems like it. He can't point to Trump being a good President, or even a popular one, so he just gets smug about the indisputable fact that Trump is the elected President as chosen by the people.

OTOH, it's kinda sad when your only real argument is "LOL We won suck it liberals".
__________________
------------


Quote:
darthbob88

1. It's not racist if it's true.


infantrystud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:47 AM   #27
darthbob88
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,101
Casino Cash: $8812
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 3.37
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)x2
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrystud
Trump may very well go down as being a bad POTUS. But, HRC would have been far worse. So, if all Trump does is protect the SCOTUS from the left wing nutjobs then he's successful in my book.

Furthermore, we'll never know just how successful Trump might be - at least not for a while. All we hear from the media is constant anti-Trumpism. CNN and MSNBC have pretty much dedicated themselves to covering anything the man does as some kind of negative. Sure, some of it it is. But, to them, everything Trump does/doesn't do is some kind of historic tragedy. It is really tiring.
First- El oh el somebody's butthurt.

Second- I strongly disagree that Hillary would be a worse president than Trump. She'd be at best another Obama, which I and apparently most voters would very much welcome. At worst she'd be another Bush, and honestly that'd still be better than Trump, because at least he wasn't terrified of Muslims. The worst HRC could have done was be more of the same, while Trump is the screaming id of white middle America, and I don't think I need to explain why electing a screaming id is a bad idea.
__________________
Asking Republicans to run government is like asking a vegetarian to cook a steak. They can't do it well if they don't think it should be done at all.
Facts or GTFO. Anecdotal arguments will be met with mockery.
Food stamps stimulate the economy, tax cuts don't, tax rates are at a historic low, welfare queens are either non-existent or embarrassingly near.
My posting is a PC-Optional zone. I reserve the right to refrain from using PC euphemisms, and to speak my opinion, fucknut.
darthbob88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:59 AM   #28
billxl883
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
billxl883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,955
Casino Cash: $5278
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 3.94
billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)
billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)billxl883 has a reputation beyond repute (11656 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65daft
You can easily be turned down, they just turn around and call it an elective surgery. I know people that have had insurance and the insurance refused to pay for treatment because it wasn't life threating. I have known people that were in the process of getting treatment and were turned down or deleayed until the had their needed surgery done. I have gotten the full story.
What you just described is being turned down for elective surgery. But what you were called out on was your statement that you know several people who have been turned down for insurance because of pre-existing conditions. Now you seem to admit that the people actually had insurance. This is why people here call your logic "dartlogic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65daft
... I have talked to several people that have been turned down for insurance because of preexisting conditions, so that part of the plan isn't working either.
__________________
Trained by experts in the art of hiding dead bodies.
billxl883 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:50 AM   #29
infantrystud
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
infantrystud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,984
Casino Cash: $3245
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.39
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)x2
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)
Default

LOL, sure, Ray.

Although, I will concede that the media (save Fox News) would have largely gone silent at the Hillary scandals that seems to follow her around. We wouldn't be having daily outrages like we seem to have over every little thing Trump does.

The CGI thing would go away. The media wouldn't be nearly as vigilant as they seem to be over Trump. So, it would appear that things would be more "normal".

Do you remember when Eric Holder was held in contempt of court? Yeah, me neither. But, can you imagine if Jeff Sessions were held in contempt of court? CNN would jizz its pants and would probably create an entire new channel to cover it.

Part of it is Trump picks fights with the media. Whats the old saying of never getting in a war of words with people that buy ink by the barrel? But, I don't think it would matter with him. The left is so butt hurt that they've gone off the deep end with their anti-Trump stuff. To the point that I don't even react to their coverage of anything he does. They run the risk of crying wolf too much.

Like I said - I didn't even vote for him. But, I'm glad he's there instead of Hillary.

I don't think he'll be able to get as much done as he'd like for the simple fact that he'll never get any significant amount of Dems to vote for anything. As much as they bitched about the GOP being the party of "no" - they've become that themselves. Plus, there are wings of the GOP that are just stupid. They aren't as smart as the Dems. They don't stick together and come up with a plan to govern and make change. They were essentially given this gift of complete control and they are squandering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrystud
Trump may very well go down as being a bad POTUS. But, HRC would have been far worse. So, if all Trump does is protect the SCOTUS from the left wing nutjobs then he's successful in my book.

Furthermore, we'll never know just how successful Trump might be - at least not for a while. All we hear from the media is constant anti-Trumpism. CNN and MSNBC have pretty much dedicated themselves to covering anything the man does as some kind of negative. Sure, some of it it is. But, to them, everything Trump does/doesn't do is some kind of historic tragedy. It is really tiring.
First- El oh el somebody's butthurt.

Second- I strongly disagree that Hillary would be a worse president than Trump. She'd be at best another Obama, which I and apparently most voters would very much welcome. At worst she'd be another Bush, and honestly that'd still be better than Trump, because at least he wasn't terrified of Muslims. The worst HRC could have done was be more of the same, while Trump is the screaming id of white middle America, and I don't think I need to explain why electing a screaming id is a bad idea.
__________________
------------


Quote:
darthbob88

1. It's not racist if it's true.


infantrystud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:53 AM   #30
infantrystud
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
infantrystud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,984
Casino Cash: $3245
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.39
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)x2
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)
Default

Yeah, that's not the same as denied for pre-existing conditions.

Pre-existing conditions were mainly where you decided to go without insurance for years and then got leukemia and decided, "well, I better get insurance!"

It used to be that if you changed jobs, your gaining insurance company needed a statement from your previous insurance company that you, indeed, had been covered by insurance. I think you couldn't have a gap of more than 60 days - or you'd be subject to the pre-existing conditions clause.

Elective surgery has always been likely NOT to be covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billxl883
What you just described is being turned down for elective surgery. But what you were called out on was your statement that you know several people who have been turned down for insurance because of pre-existing conditions. Now you seem to admit that the people actually had insurance. This is why people here call your logic "dartlogic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65daft
... I have talked to several people that have been turned down for insurance because of preexisting conditions, so that part of the plan isn't working either.
__________________
------------


Quote:
darthbob88

1. It's not racist if it's true.


infantrystud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:59 PM   #31
darthbob88
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,101
Casino Cash: $8812
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 3.37
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)x2
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13802 total rep)
+10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrystud
LOL, sure, Ray.

Although, I will concede that the media (save Fox News) would have largely gone silent at the Hillary scandals that seems to follow her around. We wouldn't be having daily outrages like we seem to have over every little thing Trump does.
Yes, of course, like they were silent about the scandals that followed her around during her campaign.
Quote:
I don't think he'll be able to get as much done as he'd like for the simple fact that he'll never get any significant amount of Dems to vote for anything. As much as they bitched about the GOP being the party of "no" - they've become that themselves. Plus, there are wings of the GOP that are just stupid. They aren't as smart as the Dems. They don't stick together and come up with a plan to govern and make change. They were essentially given this gift of complete control and they are squandering it.
Yeah, that's why I'm not too worried about Trump anymore. He couldn't even get enough Republicans to vote for his Obamacare replacement, the thing the GOP has been promising for most of the past decade. If he can't even accomplish that, he's not going to turn America into a fascist state any time soon.

E: I'm immensely amused that you're proving me right, by not even trying to defend Trump on any policy grounds, but instead just whining about how mean the media is.
__________________
Asking Republicans to run government is like asking a vegetarian to cook a steak. They can't do it well if they don't think it should be done at all.
Facts or GTFO. Anecdotal arguments will be met with mockery.
Food stamps stimulate the economy, tax cuts don't, tax rates are at a historic low, welfare queens are either non-existent or embarrassingly near.
My posting is a PC-Optional zone. I reserve the right to refrain from using PC euphemisms, and to speak my opinion, fucknut.

Last edited by darthbob88 : 04-03-2017 at 02:22 PM.
darthbob88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:00 PM   #32
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,544
Casino Cash: $10285
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.04
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)x2
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billxl883
What you just described is being turned down for elective surgery. But what you were called out on was your statement that you know several people who have been turned down for insurance because of pre-existing conditions. Now you seem to admit that the people actually had insurance. This is why people here call your logic "dartlogic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65daft
... I have talked to several people that have been turned down for insurance because of preexisting conditions, so that part of the plan isn't working either.

Sorry that was my bad I wasn't very clear. I have known people that were in the process of getting insurance, but had already started the process for getting surgery. So the insurance company refused to insure them until the surgery was done.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:04 PM   #33
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,544
Casino Cash: $10285
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.04
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)x2
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrystud
Yeah, that's not the same as denied for pre-existing conditions.

Pre-existing conditions were mainly where you decided to go without insurance for years and then got leukemia and decided, "well, I better get insurance!"

It used to be that if you changed jobs, your gaining insurance company needed a statement from your previous insurance company that you, indeed, had been covered by insurance. I think you couldn't have a gap of more than 60 days - or you'd be subject to the pre-existing conditions clause.

Elective surgery has always been likely NOT to be covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billxl883
What you just described is being turned down for elective surgery. But what you were called out on was your statement that you know several people who have been turned down for insurance because of pre-existing conditions. Now you seem to admit that the people actually had insurance. This is why people here call your logic "dartlogic"



I would consider RA a preexisting condition, I would consider cancer a preexisting condition. I would consider surgery on both of those as nessesary, not elective, but that is not how the insurance company sees it.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:03 AM   #34
infantrystud
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
infantrystud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,984
Casino Cash: $3245
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.39
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)x2
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)
Default

Because he's been in office <100 days?

He made the mistake of going after healthcare first. And, he likely would have got something passed but the "Freedom Caucus" didn't want to play ball. Which, actually ended up being a good thing. They should let Obamcare implode on its own first.

But, all of the other policy stuff. It takes time. I think if the Democrats weren't so stubborn they may be able to work with Trump to get some things accomplished. I think he's more of a "dealer" than partisan. But, I doubt they will do anything but just obstruct and say he didn't win the election. Which, unfortunately for them just makes people want to vote for Trump again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88

E: I'm immensely amused that you're proving me right, by not even trying to defend Trump on any policy grounds, but instead just whining about how mean the media is.
__________________
------------


Quote:
darthbob88

1. It's not racist if it's true.


infantrystud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #35
infantrystud
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
infantrystud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,984
Casino Cash: $3245
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.39
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)x2
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)
Default

It really depends on what the surgery is classified as. Your benefit plan outlines all of that. Maybe the standard of care for RA is drug therapy first? I got turned down for an MRI because they wanted an Xray first. Even though the doctor said the Xray would be worthless. So, they did the Xray and then the MRI.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrystud
Yeah, that's not the same as denied for pre-existing conditions.

Pre-existing conditions were mainly where you decided to go without insurance for years and then got leukemia and decided, "well, I better get insurance!"

It used to be that if you changed jobs, your gaining insurance company needed a statement from your previous insurance company that you, indeed, had been covered by insurance. I think you couldn't have a gap of more than 60 days - or you'd be subject to the pre-existing conditions clause.

Elective surgery has always been likely NOT to be covered.



I would consider RA a preexisting condition, I would consider cancer a preexisting condition. I would consider surgery on both of those as nessesary, not elective, but that is not how the insurance company sees it.
__________________
------------


Quote:
darthbob88

1. It's not racist if it's true.


infantrystud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #36
ShuGuy
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,374
Casino Cash: $5501
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 4.78
ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)
ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrystud
Because he's been in office <100 days?

He made the mistake of going after healthcare first. And, he likely would have got something passed but the "Freedom Caucus" didn't want to play ball. Which, actually ended up being a good thing. They should let Obamcare implode on its own first.

But, all of the other policy stuff. It takes time. I think if the Democrats weren't so stubborn they may be able to work with Trump to get some things accomplished. I think he's more of a "dealer" than partisan. But, I doubt they will do anything but just obstruct and say he didn't win the election. Which, unfortunately for them just makes people want to vote for Trump again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88

E: I'm immensely amused that you're proving me right, by not even trying to defend Trump on any policy grounds, but instead just whining about how mean the media is.

Trump didn't exactly have a choice about what to go after first because Republicans have more or less shown that they're not willing to work with Democrats. The only way they could have rammed their healthcare down the American people's throats is through some wonky reconciliation, which needs to be tackled before the budget starts getting set for FY 2018.

Of course, without the cuts that Trump would have been expecting from the AHCA, he really doesn't have the maneuverability that he'll need to actually pull off tax reform, so he'll probably default to a Bush-style tax cut. Of course, because most of those were kept in place by Obama, the tax cuts are by default going to help rich people more, so he'll explode the deficit while getting even more bad PR.

And that's not even talking about an infrastructure bill, which Republicans have for some reason or the other declared DOA.

For someone who's top skill was supposed to be negotiation, he sure is finding ways to negotiate from a position of weakness.

(But, y'know, the real story is how the media is so mean to such a nice man like Trump )
ShuGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:34 PM   #37
infantrystud
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
infantrystud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,984
Casino Cash: $3245
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.39
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)x2
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)
Default

Well, it looks like someone has been paying attention to Rachel Maddow's show. Congrats.

Thanks, but I'll just sit back and watch to see what actually happens.

We should have a new SCOTUS judge soon. #winning

The beauty of that is the Dems are going to make it even easier for Trump to appoint another judge next time. #doublewinning

Trump, out of spite, should appoint a hard-core hanging judge when RBG croaks - just because he can with only 51 votes.

Thanks Harry Reid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrystud
Because he's been in office <100 days?

He made the mistake of going after healthcare first. And, he likely would have got something passed but the "Freedom Caucus" didn't want to play ball. Which, actually ended up being a good thing. They should let Obamcare implode on its own first.

But, all of the other policy stuff. It takes time. I think if the Democrats weren't so stubborn they may be able to work with Trump to get some things accomplished. I think he's more of a "dealer" than partisan. But, I doubt they will do anything but just obstruct and say he didn't win the election. Which, unfortunately for them just makes people want to vote for Trump again.


Trump didn't exactly have a choice about what to go after first because Republicans have more or less shown that they're not willing to work with Democrats. The only way they could have rammed their healthcare down the American people's throats is through some wonky reconciliation, which needs to be tackled before the budget starts getting set for FY 2018.

Of course, without the cuts that Trump would have been expecting from the AHCA, he really doesn't have the maneuverability that he'll need to actually pull off tax reform, so he'll probably default to a Bush-style tax cut. Of course, because most of those were kept in place by Obama, the tax cuts are by default going to help rich people more, so he'll explode the deficit while getting even more bad PR.

And that's not even talking about an infrastructure bill, which Republicans have for some reason or the other declared DOA.

For someone who's top skill was supposed to be negotiation, he sure is finding ways to negotiate from a position of weakness.

(But, y'know, the real story is how the media is so mean to such a nice man like Trump )
__________________
------------


Quote:
darthbob88

1. It's not racist if it's true.


infantrystud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:27 PM   #38
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,544
Casino Cash: $10285
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.04
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)x2
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (13328 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrystud
It really depends on what the surgery is classified as. Your benefit plan outlines all of that. Maybe the standard of care for RA is drug therapy first? I got turned down for an MRI because they wanted an Xray first. Even though the doctor said the Xray would be worthless. So, they did the Xray and then the MRI.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart


I would consider RA a preexisting condition, I would consider cancer a preexisting condition. I would consider surgery on both of those as nessesary, not elective, but that is not how the insurance company sees it.

Yes, but I was referring to people that were attempting to get insurance, but were already in the process of treatment.

With a little digging though I did find insurance companies can turn people down for coverage for all kinds of pre existing conditions. The only time they can't turn you down is when the market is open, and you buy a master plan. So if you have a preexisting condition you have to jump thru the Obama hoops to get coverage. So again it is a smoke screen that the liberals have put up. Yes it is possible to get health care with pre existing conditions thru Obama care, but it is definetly not like they make it sound. The whole you can't be turned no matter what line. is false.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:37 PM   #39
ShuGuy
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,374
Casino Cash: $5501
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 4.78
ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)
ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)ShuGuy has a reputation beyond repute (11355 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrystud
Well, it looks like someone has been paying attention to Rachel Maddow's show. Congrats.

Thanks, but I'll just sit back and watch to see what actually happens.

We should have a new SCOTUS judge soon. #winning

The beauty of that is the Dems are going to make it even easier for Trump to appoint another judge next time. #doublewinning

Trump, out of spite, should appoint a hard-core hanging judge when RBG croaks - just because he can with only 51 votes.

Thanks Harry Reid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuGuy

Trump didn't exactly have a choice about what to go after first because Republicans have more or less shown that they're not willing to work with Democrats. The only way they could have rammed their healthcare down the American people's throats is through some wonky reconciliation, which needs to be tackled before the budget starts getting set for FY 2018.

Of course, without the cuts that Trump would have been expecting from the AHCA, he really doesn't have the maneuverability that he'll need to actually pull off tax reform, so he'll probably default to a Bush-style tax cut. Of course, because most of those were kept in place by Obama, the tax cuts are by default going to help rich people more, so he'll explode the deficit while getting even more bad PR.

And that's not even talking about an infrastructure bill, which Republicans have for some reason or the other declared DOA.

For someone who's top skill was supposed to be negotiation, he sure is finding ways to negotiate from a position of weakness.

(But, y'know, the real story is how the media is so mean to such a nice man like Trump )

I don't watch anything on MSNBC, sorry.

You said why you thought Trump was making a mistake; I said why Trump didn't have a choice in the matter. Did you not know that, or were you just doing your tired routine of "stupid person's impression of a smart person" that's almost as notorious as your "I'm going to bitch about inflammatory remarks while making an inflammatory remark" scthick.

I'm beginning to think that you may actually just be ignorant though, because Reid isn't in office anymore.
ShuGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:27 AM   #40
infantrystud
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
infantrystud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,984
Casino Cash: $3245
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.39
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)x2
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (19121 total rep)
Default

Speaking of pretending to be smart...

It was Reid who went the way of the nuclear option for nominees other than scotus nominees

Please keep up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrystud
Well, it looks like someone has been paying attention to Rachel Maddow's show. Congrats.

Thanks, but I'll just sit back and watch to see what actually happens.

We should have a new SCOTUS judge soon. #winning

The beauty of that is the Dems are going to make it even easier for Trump to appoint another judge next time. #doublewinning

Trump, out of spite, should appoint a hard-core hanging judge when RBG croaks - just because he can with only 51 votes.

Thanks Harry Reid!


I don't watch anything on MSNBC, sorry.

You said why you thought Trump was making a mistake; I said why Trump didn't have a choice in the matter. Did you not know that, or were you just doing your tired routine of "stupid person's impression of a smart person" that's almost as notorious as your "I'm going to bitch about inflammatory remarks while making an inflammatory remark" scthick.

I'm beginning to think that you may actually just be ignorant though, because Reid isn't in office anymore.
__________________
------------


Quote:
darthbob88

1. It's not racist if it's true.


infantrystud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags: , , ,



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Users Who Have Viewed This Thread In The Last 7 Days: 0
There are no names to display.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.