Welcome to the Sexy and Funny Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you very limited access to what we have to offer. By joining our community you will have access to post replies/topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, remove some of the ads and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bored? Go watch girls get naked on cam for free!

Go Back   Sexy and Funny Forums > Special Interest > The Master Debaters
User Name
Password

Latest from S&F
Random S&F
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes 0 Attachment(s)
Old 03-19-2017, 06:11 AM   #41
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,691
Casino Cash: $8992
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.15
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHSON

a) These people don't get to run the show because they don't get voted in as a party. They are a minority. Even if the occasional one enters politics there are checks and balances to control them. Your Bill of Rights, for a start.

b) This may be so but Muslim fundamentalists are gaining more and more power. Have you noticed the political events unfolding in Turkey? If the fundamentalists don't represent the true faith then why do they not speak more strongly against it. (Apart from the fact that they get killed if they do so.)
First I have to note your downplaying the threat of Christian fundamentalists, followed by fearmongering about the threat of Muslim fundamentalists, which is kinda my point from earlier. Second, checks and balances against Christian fundamentalism only really work as long as people are willing to stand up and enforce them in defense of their neighbors. You'll forgive me if I'm hesitant to rely on that after this last election. Thirdly, will
this do
? Or this? I expect they won't, because people can always speak out more strongly against fundamentalism and in defense of a secular society, and they can always get more people to join them in their protests, so it'll never be good enough. Nuts to that, be satisfied that there's a good chunk that cared enough to come out and disagree with the fundamentalists, rather than niggling over just how much larger that chunk could be.

Problem with your argument here is christian fundametalist don't hate americans for being americans, they have other things that drive that hate. Muslims hate americans, for just being americans. So it dosen't matter who you are either your with them or not. thats what makes them so much more dangerous.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:18 AM   #42
infantrystud
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
infantrystud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,602
Casino Cash: $2346
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.33
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)x2
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)
+20
Default

There was a time when people went out and killed in the name of Christianity. That was a few hundred years ago. In this day and age, you might get a nutter who will kill cause "god (little g) told him to" or they think they are doing a good thing by blowing up an abortion clinic. We don't have large swaths of regions of the world cutting off heads in the name of Christianity.

We do have those that do that in the name of Islam. That's an uncomfortable fact. And, we see those people showing up as "refugees" or illegal aliens in western europe (France, Germany, Belgium) and continuing to murder and rape in the name of Islam.

You get that, don't you? That's a fact. You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

It IS a problem no matter how uncomfortable it makes the snowflakes feel.

A lot of Muslims do come out against extremism. And, good for them. But, not enough are speaking out. For one, it would make them a target. Johnny Jihad would probably behead them before the end of the day if they spoke out - even in Brussels, Paris or Berlin. But more of them need to speak out. More of them need to turn in suspected jihadis. More of them need to intervene when they see their sons (and daughters) starting to become extremists.

You see what is happening in Europe? It will happen here, too. In some cases, it already has i.e. San Bernadino.



Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHSON

a) These people don't get to run the show because they don't get voted in as a party. They are a minority. Even if the occasional one enters politics there are checks and balances to control them. Your Bill of Rights, for a start.

b) This may be so but Muslim fundamentalists are gaining more and more power. Have you noticed the political events unfolding in Turkey? If the fundamentalists don't represent the true faith then why do they not speak more strongly against it. (Apart from the fact that they get killed if they do so.)
First I have to note your downplaying the threat of Christian fundamentalists, followed by fearmongering about the threat of Muslim fundamentalists, which is kinda my point from earlier. Second, checks and balances against Christian fundamentalism only really work as long as people are willing to stand up and enforce them in defense of their neighbors. You'll forgive me if I'm hesitant to rely on that after this last election. Thirdly, will this do? Or this? I expect they won't, because people can always speak out more strongly against fundamentalism and in defense of a secular society, and they can always get more people to join them in their protests, so it'll never be good enough. Nuts to that, be satisfied that there's a good chunk that cared enough to come out and disagree with the fundamentalists, rather than niggling over just how much larger that chunk could be.
__________________
------------


Quote:
darthbob88

"Dammit all to hell, nitpicking inspectors with clipboards and pencils behind their ears have done more to protect the rights of this nation than soldiers ever have."
infantrystud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:23 PM   #43
garison808
I saw a perfect gift for mOOse, but I didn't buy it, because, well, I'm cheap.
 
garison808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the road
Posts: 10,432
Casino Cash: $105984
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 25.65
garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)x41
garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybunny
Why add personal attacks to discussions?
What personal attacks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
click to show
Those personal attacks.
Those aren't personal attacks.

Let me explain it this way. I've met you; I know what you look like. You're a chubby white guy. If I call you a chubby white guy, is that a personal attack? No. It's just a simple statement of fact.

Ashson (et al) is a moron, his response to my post is stupid, and he made that response because he doesn't know how to read English. All of these statements are demonstrably true. Because of that, the statements you highlighted can't be personal attacks. They are simple statements of fact.
__________________
garison808 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:02 PM   #44
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,691
Casino Cash: $8992
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.15
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
What personal attacks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
click to show
Those personal attacks.
Those aren't personal attacks.

Let me explain it this way. I've met you; I know what you look like. You're a chubby white guy. If I call you a chubby white guy, is that a personal attack? No. It's just a simple statement of fact.

Ashson (et al) is a moron, his response to my post is stupid, and he made that response because he doesn't know how to read English. All of these statements are demonstrably true. Because of that, the statements you highlighted can't be personal attacks. They are simple statements of fact.

This is great garison, you bash ashon for not being able to read english. But then you say what you said was not a personal attack. The word moron is deemed an offensive word. There is no manner in which you can use it that it is not meant as an insult.

The manner in which you used stupid is again an offensive manner, so again another insult.

You say ashon can't read english, but yet you don't even understand the words, or in which the manner your using the words.

So seriously you should not try to pass the blame of your own down falls onto another person.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:39 PM   #45
garison808
I saw a perfect gift for mOOse, but I didn't buy it, because, well, I'm cheap.
 
garison808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the road
Posts: 10,432
Casino Cash: $105984
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 25.65
garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)x41
garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)garison808 has a reputation beyond repute (267547 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart
Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
click to show
Those personal attacks.
Those aren't personal attacks.

Let me explain it this way. I've met you; I know what you look like. You're a chubby white guy. If I call you a chubby white guy, is that a personal attack? No. It's just a simple statement of fact.

Ashson (et al) is a moron, his response to my post is stupid, and he made that response because he doesn't know how to read English. All of these statements are demonstrably true. Because of that, the statements you highlighted can't be personal attacks. They are simple statements of fact.

This is great garison!
Thanks! Glad we agree.
__________________
garison808 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #46
fluffybunny
Can I have a cookie now?
 
fluffybunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under a Leaf
Posts: 15,619
Casino Cash: $21057
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 28.37
fluffybunny has a reputation beyond repute (443058 total rep)x68
fluffybunny has a reputation beyond repute (443058 total rep)fluffybunny has a reputation beyond repute (443058 total rep)fluffybunny has a reputation beyond repute (443058 total rep)fluffybunny has a reputation beyond repute (443058 total rep)fluffybunny has a reputation beyond repute (443058 total rep)fluffybunny has a reputation beyond repute (443058 total rep)fluffybunny has a reputation beyond repute (443058 total rep)fluffybunny has a reputation beyond repute (443058 total rep)
+10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808

Let me explain it this way. I've met you; I know what you look like. You're a chubby white guy. If I call you a chubby white guy, is that a personal attack? No. It's just a simple statement of fact.



Actually, it is not a statement of fact. I lost 80 lbs. since you last saw me. So you are basing your statement on outdated information.
__________________

fluffybunny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:06 PM   #47
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,691
Casino Cash: $8992
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.15
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12228 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart
Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
If you knew how to read English, you wouldn't have made such a stupid response.

I never said I couldn't see the logic behind the statement. I fully recognize that there are morons in this world (such as yourself) who think this is acceptable logic. (It isn't.)

My question still stands: "Why does that matter?" Try actually answering the question, if you can ever figure out what it means.[/spoiler]
Those personal attacks.
Those aren't personal attacks.

Let me explain it this way. I've met you; I know what you look like. You're a chubby white guy. If I call you a chubby white guy, is that a personal attack? No. It's just a simple statement of fact.

Ashson (et al) is a moron, his response to my post is stupid, and he made that response because he doesn't know how to read English. All of these statements are demonstrably true. Because of that, the statements you highlighted can't be personal attacks. They are simple statements of fact.

This is great garison![/quote]
Thanks! Glad we agree.[/quote]


Oh and then you take things out of context. An even bigger no no when it comes to understanding what your reading. Your not making a very good case for yourself.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:13 PM   #48
ASHSON
I'm not arrogant. I'm just better than you.
 
ASHSON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 10,558
Casino Cash: $105121
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 44.76
ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)x72
ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (472585 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
Ashson (et al) is a moron, his response to my post is stupid, and he made that response because he doesn't know how to read English. All of these statements are demonstrably true. Because of that, the statements you highlighted can't be personal attacks. They are simple statements of fact.
May I point out that this moron is making his point with valid arguments. Arguments you seem unable to rebut except by pointing to ancient history and saying they were worse back then. Christianity has matured. Islam hasn't.

Personal attacks, whether you consider them true or not, is an indication that you know you are losing the debate. Therefore you try to change the focus of the debate.
__________________
ASHSON is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:49 AM   #49
infantrystud
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
infantrystud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,602
Casino Cash: $2346
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.33
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)x2
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (17696 total rep)
Default

He's an old man on welfare. Probably craps his pants. What do you expect from him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHSON
Quote:
Originally Posted by garison808
Ashson (et al) is a moron, his response to my post is stupid, and he made that response because he doesn't know how to read English. All of these statements are demonstrably true. Because of that, the statements you highlighted can't be personal attacks. They are simple statements of fact.
May I point out that this moron is making his point with valid arguments. Arguments you seem unable to rebut except by pointing to ancient history and saying they were worse back then. Christianity has matured. Islam hasn't.

Personal attacks, whether you consider them true or not, is an indication that you know you are losing the debate. Therefore you try to change the focus of the debate.
__________________
------------


Quote:
darthbob88

"Dammit all to hell, nitpicking inspectors with clipboards and pencils behind their ears have done more to protect the rights of this nation than soldiers ever have."
infantrystud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags: ,



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Users Who Have Viewed This Thread In The Last 7 Days: 0
There are no names to display.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.