Welcome to the Sexy and Funny Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you very limited access to what we have to offer. By joining our community you will have access to post replies/topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, remove some of the ads and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bored? Go watch girls get naked on cam for free!

Go Back   Sexy and Funny Forums > Special Interest > The Master Debaters
User Name
Password

Latest from S&F
Random S&F
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes 0 Attachment(s)
Old 03-12-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
oppenoppen
My mind is full of miscellaneous stuff.
 
oppenoppen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,206
Casino Cash: $53838
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 65.10
oppenoppen has a reputation beyond repute (273814 total rep)x42
oppenoppen has a reputation beyond repute (273814 total rep)oppenoppen has a reputation beyond repute (273814 total rep)oppenoppen has a reputation beyond repute (273814 total rep)oppenoppen has a reputation beyond repute (273814 total rep)oppenoppen has a reputation beyond repute (273814 total rep)oppenoppen has a reputation beyond repute (273814 total rep)oppenoppen has a reputation beyond repute (273814 total rep)
+40
Other The Bird Feder

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it
on my back porch and filled it
with seed. What a beauty of
a bird feeder it was, as I filled it
lovingly with seed.

Within a week we had hundreds of birds
taking advantage of the
continuous flow of free and
easily accessible food.

But then the birds started
building nests in the boards
of the patio, above the table,
and next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was
everywhere: on the patio tile,
the chairs, the table .
everywhere!

Then some of the birds
turned mean. They would
dive bomb me and try to
peck me even though I had
fed them out of my own
pocket.

And others birds were
boisterous and loud. They
sat on the feeder and
squawked and screamed at
all hours of the day and night
and demanded that I fill it
when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even
sit on my own back porch
anymore. So I took down the
bird feeder and in three days
the birds were gone. I cleaned
up their mess and took down
the many nests they had built
all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like
it used to be ..... quiet, serene....
and no one demanding their
rights to a free meal.

Now let"s see......
Our government gives out
free food, subsidized housing,
free medical care and free
education, and allows anyone
born here to be an automatic
citizen.

Then the illegal"s came by the
tens of thousands. Suddenly
our taxes went up to pay for
free services; small apartments
are housing 5 families; you
have to wait 6 hours to be seen
by an emergency room doctor;
Your child"s second grade class is
behind other schools because
over half the class doesn't speak
English.

Corn Flakes now come in a
bilingual box; I have to
"press one " to hear my bank
talk to me in English, and
people waving flags other
than ”ours” are
squawking and screaming
in the streets, demanding
more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe
it"s time for the government
to take down the bird feeder.
oppenoppen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:05 PM   #2
lincoln289
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
lincoln289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,448
Casino Cash: $28796
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 13.47
lincoln289 has a reputation beyond repute (59919 total rep)x9
lincoln289 has a reputation beyond repute (59919 total rep)lincoln289 has a reputation beyond repute (59919 total rep)lincoln289 has a reputation beyond repute (59919 total rep)lincoln289 has a reputation beyond repute (59919 total rep)lincoln289 has a reputation beyond repute (59919 total rep)lincoln289 has a reputation beyond repute (59919 total rep)lincoln289 has a reputation beyond repute (59919 total rep)lincoln289 has a reputation beyond repute (59919 total rep)lincoln289 has a reputation beyond repute (59919 total rep)lincoln289 has a reputation beyond repute (59919 total rep)
+10
Default

I agree.
__________________
"Celebrate what you want to see more of." Tom Peters
lincoln289 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:11 PM   #3
darthbob88
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,762
Casino Cash: $8288
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 3.53
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)x2
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)
Default

The problem with arguments like this is that they assume the government offers an endless supply of free healthcare, food, housing, etc, and frankly as much as I wish it did, it actually offers a very very limited supply of all of those, which isn't enough for our impoverished citizens, never mind the illegals. Like, the "free housing" you're making so much of? They're having a lottery to choose who's lucky enough to get on the waiting list for eventually getting housing assistance. That's how short the budget is. And that's ignoring the whole "You need some sort of legal identification to get any kind of welfare in this country" issue.
__________________
Asking Republicans to run government is like asking a vegetarian to cook a steak. They can't do it well if they don't think it should be done at all.
Facts or GTFO. Anecdotal arguments will be met with mockery.
Food stamps stimulate the economy, tax cuts don't, tax rates are at a historic low, welfare queens are either non-existent or embarrassingly near.
My posting is a PC-Optional zone. I reserve the right to refrain from using PC euphemisms, and to speak my opinion, fucknut.
darthbob88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:16 PM   #4
infantrystud
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
infantrystud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,696
Casino Cash: $2547
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.34
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)x2
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)
Default

Just print more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
The problem with arguments like this is that they assume the government offers an endless supply of free healthcare, food, housing, etc, and frankly as much as I wish it did, it actually offers a very very limited supply of all of those, which isn't enough for our impoverished citizens, never mind the illegals. Like, the "free housing" you're making so much of? They're having a lottery to choose who's lucky enough to get on the waiting list for eventually getting housing assistance. That's how short the budget is. And that's ignoring the whole "You need some sort of legal identification to get any kind of welfare in this country" issue.
__________________
------------


Quote:
darthbob88

"Dammit all to hell, nitpicking inspectors with clipboards and pencils behind their ears have done more to protect the rights of this nation than soldiers ever have."
infantrystud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:47 PM   #5
darthbob88
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,762
Casino Cash: $8288
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 3.53
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)x2
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrystud
Just print more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
The problem with arguments like this is that they assume the government offers an endless supply of free healthcare, food, housing, etc, and frankly as much as I wish it did, it actually offers a very very limited supply of all of those, which isn't enough for our impoverished citizens, never mind the illegals. Like, the "free housing" you're making so much of? They're having a lottery to choose who's lucky enough to get on the waiting list for eventually getting housing assistance. That's how short the budget is. And that's ignoring the whole "You need some sort of legal identification to get any kind of welfare in this country" issue.
That's an option. Personally I'd rather we created more high-wage jobs, so finite welfare budgets ceased to be an issue. I'd also rather I had a unicorn, as long as we're in fantasy land.

E: Like, I know you're going to obsess over that, but did you miss the "IF WE REALLY WANTED to spend infinite money on taking in every single refugee" qualifier?
__________________
Asking Republicans to run government is like asking a vegetarian to cook a steak. They can't do it well if they don't think it should be done at all.
Facts or GTFO. Anecdotal arguments will be met with mockery.
Food stamps stimulate the economy, tax cuts don't, tax rates are at a historic low, welfare queens are either non-existent or embarrassingly near.
My posting is a PC-Optional zone. I reserve the right to refrain from using PC euphemisms, and to speak my opinion, fucknut.

Last edited by darthbob88 : 03-12-2017 at 07:04 PM.
darthbob88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #6
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,829
Casino Cash: $9203
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.13
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
The problem with arguments like this is that they assume the government offers an endless supply of free healthcare, food, housing, etc, and frankly as much as I wish it did, it actually offers a very very limited supply of all of those, which isn't enough for our impoverished citizens, never mind the illegals. Like, the "free housing" you're making so much of? They're having a lottery to choose who's lucky enough to get on the waiting list for eventually getting housing assistance. That's how short the budget is. And that's ignoring the whole "You need some sort of legal identification to get any kind of welfare in this country" issue.


Your article proves the point of this argument. Seattle is always pushing for rent control, raising minimum wage, ect. Now they have so many people with their hands out they can no longer keep up.

Their is a simple solution as it has always been done. stop giving free shit and the people that can't afford to live in seattle will move to cheaper surronding cities.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #7
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,829
Casino Cash: $9203
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.13
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrystud
Just print more money.

That's an option. Personally I'd rather we created more high-wage jobs, so finite welfare budgets ceased to be an issue. I'd also rather I had a unicorn, as long as we're in fantasy land.

E: Like, I know you're going to obsess over that, but did you miss the "IF WE REALLY WANTED to spend infinite money on taking in every single refugee" qualifier?

And how per say are we going to create higher wage jobs. If that was an option don't you think it would have been done already.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:21 PM   #8
darthbob88
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,762
Casino Cash: $8288
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 3.53
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)x2
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
The problem with arguments like this is that they assume the government offers an endless supply of free healthcare, food, housing, etc, and frankly as much as I wish it did, it actually offers a very very limited supply of all of those, which isn't enough for our impoverished citizens, never mind the illegals. Like, the "free housing" you're making so much of? They're having a lottery to choose who's lucky enough to get on the waiting list for eventually getting housing assistance. That's how short the budget is. And that's ignoring the whole "You need some sort of legal identification to get any kind of welfare in this country" issue.
Your article proves the point of this argument. Seattle is always pushing for rent control, raising minimum wage, ect. Now they have so many people with their hands out they can no longer keep up.

Their is a simple solution as it has always been done. stop giving free shit and the people that can't afford to live in seattle will move to cheaper surronding cities.
In point of fact, Seattle's unemployment is well below the national average. While the city does have its problems, too many moochers/not enough workers is not one of them.
__________________
Asking Republicans to run government is like asking a vegetarian to cook a steak. They can't do it well if they don't think it should be done at all.
Facts or GTFO. Anecdotal arguments will be met with mockery.
Food stamps stimulate the economy, tax cuts don't, tax rates are at a historic low, welfare queens are either non-existent or embarrassingly near.
My posting is a PC-Optional zone. I reserve the right to refrain from using PC euphemisms, and to speak my opinion, fucknut.
darthbob88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:11 AM   #9
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,829
Casino Cash: $9203
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.13
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart
Your article proves the point of this argument. Seattle is always pushing for rent control, raising minimum wage, ect. Now they have so many people with their hands out they can no longer keep up.

Their is a simple solution as it has always been done. stop giving free shit and the people that can't afford to live in seattle will move to cheaper surronding cities.
In point of fact, Seattle's unemployment is well below the national average. While the city does have its problems, too many moochers/not enough workers is not one of them.

Not sure what your going for here just because your employed dosen't mean your not a moocher. Seattle is pushing for rent control because the people working their say they can't afford to live their. So that is still asking for something for free. The same with minium wage. People couldn't make afford to live there on the states minium wage so they up it.

So lets think about this you get cheaper rent even though your living in what considered a better place to live and you get a higher wage. That sounds like mooching to me.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:45 AM   #10
darthbob88
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,762
Casino Cash: $8288
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 3.53
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)x2
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
In point of fact, Seattle's unemployment is well below the national average. While the city does have its problems, too many moochers/not enough workers is not one of them.

Not sure what your going for here just because your employed dosen't mean your not a moocher. Seattle is pushing for rent control because the people working their say they can't afford to live their. So that is still asking for something for free. The same with minium wage. People couldn't make afford to live there on the states minium wage so they up it.

So lets think about this you get cheaper rent even though your living in what considered a better place to live and you get a higher wage. That sounds like mooching to me.
...Have you ever considered the possibility that your definition of "moochers" is uselessly broad? This kind of thing is why "Just create more high-wage jobs" isn't an option, because as soon as I suggest that the guy working at McDonald's should be paid enough to buy his own healthcare/housing/food without government assistance, people like you flip your shit about greedy moochers.

(Also, I have a hard time listening to any complaints about people not willing to work hard from a guy who can't be bothered to get their/there/they're right, or you're/your, or properly spell "minimum".)

(Also also, can you explain why this does not apply to tax breaks? Why you do not condemn people who want more affordable tax bills the way you condemn people who want more affordable rent bills?)
__________________
Asking Republicans to run government is like asking a vegetarian to cook a steak. They can't do it well if they don't think it should be done at all.
Facts or GTFO. Anecdotal arguments will be met with mockery.
Food stamps stimulate the economy, tax cuts don't, tax rates are at a historic low, welfare queens are either non-existent or embarrassingly near.
My posting is a PC-Optional zone. I reserve the right to refrain from using PC euphemisms, and to speak my opinion, fucknut.
darthbob88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:44 AM   #11
ASHSON
I'm not arrogant. I'm just better than you.
 
ASHSON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 10,656
Casino Cash: $105858
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 44.80
ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)x73
ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)
+10
Default

Rent control is a way of taking money directly off person A and giving it to person B, simply because person A owns a building. This may be person A's only income and his costs won't go down just because the rent is government controlled. Person A is on a total loser and to make ends meet will probably have to cut down on things like building maintenance.

Rent control is effectively a person specific tax, for which the person getting taxed gets no benefits.

What if a corporation owns the building? Then the corporation makes less money. Their shares aren't as high as they should be. Dividends paid to stockholders are less. Little old Granny who lives on those dividends goes without so someone else can have cheap rent.

Tax breaks? All tax breaks are is the government not taking quite so much of your money. Your money, not theirs. The government does not spend its income so wisely that I feel it would be appropriate to give them more of my money than I'm obligated to.

Do you see the difference. Rent control is the government taking money off people as a hidden tax. Tax breaks is people trying to hang on to their hard earned cash.

The Government is not spending their money. They're spending ours.
__________________
ASHSON is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:20 AM   #12
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,829
Casino Cash: $9203
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.13
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart

Not sure what your going for here just because your employed dosen't mean your not a moocher. Seattle is pushing for rent control because the people working their say they can't afford to live their. So that is still asking for something for free. The same with minium wage. People couldn't make afford to live there on the states minium wage so they up it.

So lets think about this you get cheaper rent even though your living in what considered a better place to live and you get a higher wage. That sounds like mooching to me.
...Have you ever considered the possibility that your definition of "moochers" is uselessly broad? This kind of thing is why "Just create more high-wage jobs" isn't an option, because as soon as I suggest that the guy working at McDonald's should be paid enough to buy his own healthcare/housing/food without government assistance, people like you flip your shit about greedy moochers.

(Also, I have a hard time listening to any complaints about people not willing to work hard from a guy who can't be bothered to get their/there/they're right, or you're/your, or properly spell "minimum".)

(Also also, can you explain why this does not apply to tax breaks? Why you do not condemn people who want more affordable tax bills the way you condemn people who want more affordable rent bills?)


Here is the problem with that Darth. The guy that has gone to school, or scratched his way up and out of the minuium wage pit, has put in something to do that. So why does he need to be brought down. He has worked hard to be able to pay his bills, now you bring up the people that are only worth minium wage. That person that worked hard to get higher wage has now just wasted all those years. He would be better off sitting on his duff.

You have once again forgotten that all the great programs you think we should have for the poor destroy the lives of the people basically in the blue collar. It is not fair. So yes My definition of moochers is broad, because you only think of the people that something like higher minium wage will help, you don't think of all the people that it will hinder.

Or to put it simply you think these people that can't hack in seattle should get special treatment so they can live in the place of their choice. Well in that case should the goverment kick in half my house payment so I can live in a better house. That would only be fair, because if I had my choice I would own a larger house, but currently don't make enough money, so it would only be fair to fiance me, to live where I want.

Next do you really want to start in on my spelling again. If that is your best argument it means you have already lost the argument. You know it I know it,It is just another scapegoat for argument being weak at best.

Some tax breaks I do have a problem with, but on average the majority of tax breaks are fair or the ends meets the means. Many taxes of when you get rich end up being double or triple taxes, that is why those tax breaks are there. For example was your story of the 1500 millionaires that don't pay tax. It just plain wasn't true. They don't pay taxes to the IRS, but they had payed their taxes to other agencies, countries, or gave away a shit load of money. So why should those people have to pay double taxes just simpily for making more money than you. The other part is many tax breaks boost the economy, just like you say giving welefare out does, so why would you want to cut something that promotes jobs and higher wages. I know why It is simply because you think it is unfair that other people are rich and they don't just hand money to you.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:16 AM   #13
infantrystud
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
infantrystud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,696
Casino Cash: $2547
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.34
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)x2
infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)infantrystud has a reputation beyond repute (18007 total rep)
Default

I always thought rent control should be unconstitutional. If you own a building and there are people willing to pay X amount in rent -and in places like NYC, there are people willing to pay - then how in the world is it legal for the government to say, "Nope, you can't charge more in rent?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHSON
Rent control is a way of taking money directly off person A and giving it to person B, simply because person A owns a building. This may be person A's only income and his costs won't go down just because the rent is government controlled. Person A is on a total loser and to make ends meet will probably have to cut down on things like building maintenance.

Rent control is effectively a person specific tax, for which the person getting taxed gets no benefits.

What if a corporation owns the building? Then the corporation makes less money. Their shares aren't as high as they should be. Dividends paid to stockholders are less. Little old Granny who lives on those dividends goes without so someone else can have cheap rent.

Tax breaks? All tax breaks are is the government not taking quite so much of your money. Your money, not theirs. The government does not spend its income so wisely that I feel it would be appropriate to give them more of my money than I'm obligated to.

Do you see the difference. Rent control is the government taking money off people as a hidden tax. Tax breaks is people trying to hang on to their hard earned cash.

The Government is not spending their money. They're spending ours.
__________________
------------


Quote:
darthbob88

"Dammit all to hell, nitpicking inspectors with clipboards and pencils behind their ears have done more to protect the rights of this nation than soldiers ever have."
infantrystud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #14
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,829
Casino Cash: $9203
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.13
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrystud
I always thought rent control should be unconstitutional. If you own a building and there are people willing to pay X amount in rent -and in places like NYC, there are people willing to pay - then how in the world is it legal for the government to say, "Nope, you can't charge more in rent?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHSON
Rent control is a way of taking money directly off person A and giving it to person B, simply because person A owns a building. This may be person A's only income and his costs won't go down just because the rent is government controlled. Person A is on a total loser and to make ends meet will probably have to cut down on things like building maintenance.

Rent control is effectively a person specific tax, for which the person getting taxed gets no benefits.

What if a corporation owns the building? Then the corporation makes less money. Their shares aren't as high as they should be. Dividends paid to stockholders are less. Little old Granny who lives on those dividends goes without so someone else can have cheap rent.

Tax breaks? All tax breaks are is the government not taking quite so much of your money. Your money, not theirs. The government does not spend its income so wisely that I feel it would be appropriate to give them more of my money than I'm obligated to.

Do you see the difference. Rent control is the government taking money off people as a hidden tax. Tax breaks is people trying to hang on to their hard earned cash.

The Government is not spending their money. They're spending ours.

Rent control when used for it intended purpose, is very practicle. Its intended purpose was to stabilize the market in the event of a disaster. Be it an earthquake, hurricane, war ect. In disasters it is used because of the obvious housing shorted that will be created, and the inability to build directly after a disaster to meet the needs of the people. So rent control comes in to prevent a sudden spike in the market, with the subsquent crash after new housing is built.

It was never meant to support low income people, It was never meant to control the growth of a city. The liberals have taken the way the law is written and used it to their advantage, instead of allowing free market to dictate the outcome.

Lastly rent control has also been meant to control bigotry. So you can not run rent up on people you don't like to push them out, then lower it back down to rent to people you do want in your building.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:02 AM   #15
darthbob88
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,762
Casino Cash: $8288
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 3.53
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)x2
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHSON
Rent control is a way of taking money directly off person A and giving it to person B, simply because person A owns a building. This may be person A's only income and his costs won't go down just because the rent is government controlled. Person A is on a total loser and to make ends meet will probably have to cut down on things like building maintenance.

Rent control is effectively a person specific tax, for which the person getting taxed gets no benefits.
That's some amazing Goddamn mental gymnastics to turn a price ceiling into a tax.
Quote:
Tax breaks? All tax breaks are is the government not taking quite so much of your money. Your money, not theirs. The government does not spend its income so wisely that I feel it would be appropriate to give them more of my money than I'm obligated to.
Meanwhile, rent control is telling the landlord to take less of my money, not their money, my hard-earned paycheck.
Quote:
Do you see the difference. Rent control is the government taking money off people as a hidden tax. Tax breaks is people trying to hang on to their hard earned cash.
I think you'll find that rent control is helping tenants hang on to their hard earned cash. This is, after all, the crux of dart's complaint against the concept, that it's providing working Americans with more-affordable housing.
__________________
Asking Republicans to run government is like asking a vegetarian to cook a steak. They can't do it well if they don't think it should be done at all.
Facts or GTFO. Anecdotal arguments will be met with mockery.
Food stamps stimulate the economy, tax cuts don't, tax rates are at a historic low, welfare queens are either non-existent or embarrassingly near.
My posting is a PC-Optional zone. I reserve the right to refrain from using PC euphemisms, and to speak my opinion, fucknut.
darthbob88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:22 AM   #16
ASHSON
I'm not arrogant. I'm just better than you.
 
ASHSON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 10,656
Casino Cash: $105858
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 44.80
ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)x73
ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)ASHSON has a reputation beyond repute (477394 total rep)
+10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
That's some amazing Goddamn mental gymnastics to turn a price ceiling into a tax.
When the government takes steps to prevent you receiving that to which you are entitled, like a fair rent, then they are effectively taxing you, taking what should be your money and giving it to the tenant. Because the government doesn't actually lay their hands on the money directly doesn't mean it's not a tax.

Meanwhile, rent control is telling the landlord to take less of my money, not their money, my hard-earned paycheck.
Thus preventing the landlord from earning a decent living, stopping needed maintenance due to poverty on the part of the landlord.

I think you'll find that rent control is helping tenants hang on to their hard earned cash. This is, after all, the crux of dart's complaint against the concept, that it's providing working Americans with more-affordable housing.
Helping tenants hang on to their hard earned cash at the expense of another American. Why should a person who has worked hard and managed to invest in a rentable property suddenly find themselves being done out of their hard earned cash just so someone else can get cheaper rent?

Just because someone rents out a place it doesn't mean that they're a bloated plutocrat. They are entitled to a fair return for the time and money they have invested in the property.
__________________
ASHSON is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:32 AM   #17
darthbob88
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,762
Casino Cash: $8288
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 3.53
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)x2
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
...Have you ever considered the possibility that your definition of "moochers" is uselessly broad? This kind of thing is why "Just create more high-wage jobs" isn't an option, because as soon as I suggest that the guy working at McDonald's should be paid enough to buy his own healthcare/housing/food without government assistance, people like you flip your shit about greedy moochers.

(Also, I have a hard time listening to any complaints about people not willing to work hard from a guy who can't be bothered to get their/there/they're right, or you're/your, or properly spell "minimum".)

(Also also, can you explain why this does not apply to tax breaks? Why you do not condemn people who want more affordable tax bills the way you condemn people who want more affordable rent bills?)


Here is the problem with that Darth. The guy that has gone to school, or scratched his way up and out of the minuium wage pit, has put in something to do that. So why does he need to be brought down. He has worked hard to be able to pay his bills, now you bring up the people that are only worth minium wage. That person that worked hard to get higher wage has now just wasted all those years. He would be better off sitting on his duff.
You're ignoring the fact that a higher minimum wage gives him leverage, because he can now tell his boss he's either going to get paid significantly more than $15 an hour, or he's going to quit and flip burgers, and if his boss has more sense than you do, he's going to get significantly more than minimum wage once again. So that whole "brought down" objection disappears.

Quote:
You have once again forgotten that all the great programs you think we should have for the poor destroy the lives of the people basically in the blue collar. It is not fair. So yes My definition of moochers is broad, because you only think of the people that something like higher minium wage will help, you don't think of all the people that it will hinder.
No, I do think about them, but those programs will either help blue-collar workers directly because they're also poor, or it'll offer them leverage as above.
Quote:
Or to put it simply you think these people that can't hack in seattle should get special treatment so they can live in the place of their choice. Well in that case should the goverment kick in half my house payment so I can live in a better house. That would only be fair, because if I had my choice I would own a larger house, but currently don't make enough money, so it would only be fair to fiance me, to live where I want.
The difference is that you want more money from the government (moocher) so you can get a larger house, while the good people of Seattle are asking for government aid so they can have a house period. Do you not see why the Seattleites might get just a skosh more sympathy than you do?
Quote:
Next do you really want to start in on my spelling again. If that is your best argument it means you have already lost the argument. You know it I know it,It is just another scapegoat for argument being weak at best.
It's not an argument, it's just an insult.
Quote:
Some tax breaks I do have a problem with, but on average the majority of tax breaks are fair or the ends meets the means. Many taxes of when you get rich end up being double or triple taxes, that is why those tax breaks are there. For example was your story of the 1500 millionaires that don't pay tax. It just plain wasn't true. They don't pay taxes to the IRS, but they had payed their taxes to other agencies, countries, or gave away a shit load of money. So why should those people have to pay double taxes just simpily for making more money than you. The other part is many tax breaks boost the economy, just like you say giving welefare out does, so why would you want to cut something that promotes jobs and higher wages. I know why It is simply because you think it is unfair that other people are rich and they don't just hand money to you.
Quote:
the majority of tax breaks are fair or the ends meets the means
As opposed to welfare, which is just wanton theft to benefit a bunch of filthy moochers.
__________________
Asking Republicans to run government is like asking a vegetarian to cook a steak. They can't do it well if they don't think it should be done at all.
Facts or GTFO. Anecdotal arguments will be met with mockery.
Food stamps stimulate the economy, tax cuts don't, tax rates are at a historic low, welfare queens are either non-existent or embarrassingly near.
My posting is a PC-Optional zone. I reserve the right to refrain from using PC euphemisms, and to speak my opinion, fucknut.
darthbob88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:53 AM   #18
darthbob88
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,762
Casino Cash: $8288
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 3.53
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)x2
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHSON
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
That's some amazing Goddamn mental gymnastics to turn a price ceiling into a tax.
When the government takes steps to prevent you receiving that to which you are entitled, like a fair rent, then they are effectively taxing you, taking what should be your money and giving it to the tenant. Because the government doesn't actually lay their hands on the money directly doesn't mean it's not a tax.
I'd kinda figured that "government taking money for themselves" was a main if not the defining characteristic of a tax.
Quote:
Quote:
I think you'll find that rent control is helping tenants hang on to their hard earned cash. This is, after all, the crux of dart's complaint against the concept, that it's providing working Americans with more-affordable housing.
Helping tenants hang on to their hard earned cash at the expense of another American. Why should a person who has worked hard and managed to invest in a rentable property suddenly find themselves being done out of their hard earned cash just so someone else can get cheaper rent?

Just because someone rents out a place it doesn't mean that they're a bloated plutocrat. They are entitled to a fair return for the time and money they have invested in the property.
A tenant being allowed affordable housing and stable rents is generally considered a desirable situation, especially compared to their being forced to move house every time their landlord decides to hit them with a rent increase. Not all renters are poor, suffering capitalists, some of them are predatory assholes.
__________________
Asking Republicans to run government is like asking a vegetarian to cook a steak. They can't do it well if they don't think it should be done at all.
Facts or GTFO. Anecdotal arguments will be met with mockery.
Food stamps stimulate the economy, tax cuts don't, tax rates are at a historic low, welfare queens are either non-existent or embarrassingly near.
My posting is a PC-Optional zone. I reserve the right to refrain from using PC euphemisms, and to speak my opinion, fucknut.

Last edited by darthbob88 : 03-14-2017 at 01:40 AM.
darthbob88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:34 AM   #19
65dart
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,829
Casino Cash: $9203
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 2.13
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)
65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)65dart has a reputation beyond repute (12420 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbob88
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart


Here is the problem with that Darth. The guy that has gone to school, or scratched his way up and out of the minuium wage pit, has put in something to do that. So why does he need to be brought down. He has worked hard to be able to pay his bills, now you bring up the people that are only worth minium wage. That person that worked hard to get higher wage has now just wasted all those years. He would be better off sitting on his duff.
You're ignoring the fact that a higher minimum wage gives him leverage, because he can now tell his boss he's either going to get paid significantly more than $15 an hour, or he's going to quit and flip burgers, and if his boss has more sense than you do, he's going to get significantly more than minimum wage once again. So that whole "brought down" objection disappears.

Quote:
You have once again forgotten that all the great programs you think we should have for the poor destroy the lives of the people basically in the blue collar. It is not fair. So yes My definition of moochers is broad, because you only think of the people that something like higher minium wage will help, you don't think of all the people that it will hinder.
No, I do think about them, but those programs will either help blue-collar workers directly because they're also poor, or it'll offer them leverage as above.
Quote:
Or to put it simply you think these people that can't hack in seattle should get special treatment so they can live in the place of their choice. Well in that case should the goverment kick in half my house payment so I can live in a better house. That would only be fair, because if I had my choice I would own a larger house, but currently don't make enough money, so it would only be fair to fiance me, to live where I want.
The difference is that you want more money from the government (moocher) so you can get a larger house, while the good people of Seattle are asking for government aid so they can have a house period. Do you not see why the Seattleites might get just a skosh more sympathy than you do?
Quote:
Next do you really want to start in on my spelling again. If that is your best argument it means you have already lost the argument. You know it I know it,It is just another scapegoat for argument being weak at best.
It's not an argument, it's just an insult.
Quote:
Some tax breaks I do have a problem with, but on average the majority of tax breaks are fair or the ends meets the means. Many taxes of when you get rich end up being double or triple taxes, that is why those tax breaks are there. For example was your story of the 1500 millionaires that don't pay tax. It just plain wasn't true. They don't pay taxes to the IRS, but they had payed their taxes to other agencies, countries, or gave away a shit load of money. So why should those people have to pay double taxes just simpily for making more money than you. The other part is many tax breaks boost the economy, just like you say giving welefare out does, so why would you want to cut something that promotes jobs and higher wages. I know why It is simply because you think it is unfair that other people are rich and they don't just hand money to you.
Quote:
the majority of tax breaks are fair or the ends meets the means
As opposed to welfare, which is just wanton theft to benefit a bunch of filthy moochers.


Wow you really don't know how. Business works. Where is the company going to get more money to pay said employee more money. The company will have to raise prices in which the raise in minium wage has now been wasted. So no the employee has zero leverage he just gets brought down to lower level.

Show me a program that helps blue collar workers. I know I can't find one.

No I don't see the difference I want to live in a certain location which has better houses and location, these people want to live in seattle. So what's the difference they could easily move to the out skirts where it is cheaper. That is exactly what I have done. I live in a location I can afford, so why shold the people of Seattle get free money because they want to live in a certain location.

No its an argument you attempted to dismiss my whole argument simply on spelling. That's not an insult that's a scapegoat argument.

One more time darth those taxes breaks are too make taxes fair so the rich are not doubled tax. And wanton theft is hilliarious, those so called thieves are the ones giving everyone a job. Piss them off by overtaxing they will just shut the doors and your out of a job.
65dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:49 AM   #20
darthbob88
Why don't I have a Custom Title by now?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,762
Casino Cash: $8288
My Mood:
Rep Power: 10
Avg Rep Per Post: 3.53
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)x2
darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)darthbob88 has a reputation beyond repute (13280 total rep)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65dart
Wow you really don't know how. Business works. Where is the company going to get more money to pay said employee more money. The company will have to raise prices in which the raise in minium wage has now been wasted. So no the employee has zero leverage he just gets brought down to lower level.
Or that employee goes someplace where he can actually get paid what he's worth. If, as we have accepted as a premise, that employee is actually worth more than minimum wage, and their current employer can't pay them more than minimum wage, that employer is going to lose an employee regardless of what the minimum wage actually is.

Quote:
Show me a program that helps blue collar workers. I know I can't find one.
Well, my parents both work full-time still, and they get heating assistance through LIHEAP. So, that one, for a start. These programs don't help blue-collar people, they help poor people, and as long as there are poor blue-collar workers, they help blue-collar workers. As I said originally.

Quote:
No I don't see the difference I want to live in a certain location which has better houses and location, these people want to live in seattle. So what's the difference they could easily move to the out skirts where it is cheaper. That is exactly what I have done. I live in a location I can afford, so why shold the people of Seattle get free money because they want to live in a certain location.
Buddy, have you seen the rent on the Eastside, especially compared to like SODO and the Central District? Seattle is the cheaper outskirts.

Quote:
No its an argument you attempted to dismiss my whole argument simply on spelling. That's not an insult that's a scapegoat argument.
I did nothing of the sort.
Quote:
One more time darth those taxes breaks are too make taxes fair so the rich are not doubled tax. And wanton theft is hilliarious, those so called thieves are the ones giving everyone a job. Piss them off by overtaxing they will just shut the doors and your out of a job.
The "wanton theft" I was referring to was taxes, so the "so-called thieves" are federal bureaucrats and the IRS, and therefore nice self-own.
__________________
Asking Republicans to run government is like asking a vegetarian to cook a steak. They can't do it well if they don't think it should be done at all.
Facts or GTFO. Anecdotal arguments will be met with mockery.
Food stamps stimulate the economy, tax cuts don't, tax rates are at a historic low, welfare queens are either non-existent or embarrassingly near.
My posting is a PC-Optional zone. I reserve the right to refrain from using PC euphemisms, and to speak my opinion, fucknut.
darthbob88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags: ,



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Users Who Have Viewed This Thread In The Last 7 Days: 0
There are no names to display.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.